Welcome to voice in plus guide. The guide is divided into three sections
Upgrade to Voice In Plus
1) To upgrade to Voice In Plus visit https://dictanote.co/voicein/plus/
2) If you don't have a Dictanote account, the page will prompt you to create an account. Simply click on sign up (it takes < 1 minute). The account is free and its only used to make sure you can come back to get your activation code - in case you want to activate Voice In Plus on another machine.
3) If you are on the page https://dictanote.co/voicein/plus/ and logged in, you will see an Upgrade Now button. Click on Upgrade Now and enter your credit card details.
We process payments through Stripe (a leader in credit card processing) and do not store any of you credit card information on our servers - rest assured your payments are processed safely and securely.
After you payment is processed, you will be redirected to a page that has your Voice In Plus activation code. Follow the instructions below to activate Voice In Plus.
Activating Voice In Plus
1) Right click on the Voice In launch button in your browser window and click on options
2) In the Voice In options window, click on Activate Plus
3) Enter your code in the text box and click on Activate
That's it ! Voice In Plus is activated !
Voice In Plus Features
Voice In Plus unlocks six main features currently:
1) Voice Commands
You can create custom voice commands to add your specific mappings from utterances to text.
- If you are working as a doctor, you can map "Insert knee exam" to a full knee exam related text block.
- You are a call center agent, you can map "refund issued text" to a text blob that explains to the customer that his payment refund has been issued
To create custom voice commands: go to Voice In options page
Follow the instructions for Custom Voice Commands. Note that Voice In already has many good voice commands for common tasks like punctuation, quotes, smileys and special characters.
2) Disable the Voice In page pop-up
By default, voice in shows a pop-up like below on a page when you activate Voice In. You can click on the On button to open extension options. With plus, you can disable this popup
To do that, open the extension options page
In the opened page, find the hide option
Click on the checkbox to hide the VoiceIn pop-up. After you refresh the page you want to dictate on and use Voice In, you will not see the pop-up.
3) Dictation Box
Use Dictation Box to type on sites where Voice In doesn't work by default like Facebook, etc.
Go to Voice In options page
In the Domains section, add in the domains where you want the dictation box to activate. For example, for reddit- add reddit.com.
Once the domain is added, when you go to the page and activate voice in, you will see the dictation box appear in the top right corner as shown below.
Click inside the box and start dictating. After you are done, click copy to copy out the text in the dictation box and paste it in the desired field.
5) Language Switcher: Switch between multiple languages easily using keyboard shortcuts
Language switcher makes it easy for you to switch across multiple languages. You don't have to restart Voice In.
You can access Language Switcher by clicking on the page Setting button that appears when you start Voice In
6) Disable Uppercase In Dictation
A common issue with the dictated output is that it doesn't understand if word in the context is a proper noun or not. As a result, you will see words get capitalized that shouldn't be capitalized.
This setting lets you disable uppercase except at the start of the sentence. You can access this setting in the Voice Commands tab in Settings.
Upgrade to Voice In Plus today to support development of Voice In. If you have a feature in mind that you want us to implement, send us an email at email@example.com .