Voice In Voice Typing Chrome Extension is built with privacy in mind. Voice In extension uses the browser's speech-to-text capabilities to enable dictation on every website.
- Voice In build on top of Google Chrome's speech to text capabilities. All dictated audio is sent to Google Chrome's servers to convert speech to text. The transcribed text is then inserted into the appropriate textbox as pointed to by the user. Voice In does not transmit dictated audio or transcribed text to any other external server (including Dictanote's servers). Voice In does not save any of the dictated audio or transcribed text either locally or on any remote server.
- When you the use the extension as a free user, Voice In does not ask for any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) like name, email, etc.
- Voice In collects information about domains where Voice In is used and whether it worked successfully anonymously using Google Analytics. We do not use any form of fingerprinting and this data is solely used for improving coverage and generating domain level usage statistics.
For users who upgrade to Voice In Plus:
- For Voice In Plus users, we store your username, email address, password and transaction history is stored securely on Dictanote's servers.
- Sensitive payment information such as your credit card number and billing address are not stored on Dictanote's servers. They are processed entirely via Stripe, Dictanote's billing provider.