Voice In Voice Typing Chrome Extension is built with privacy in mind.
- Voice In does not transmit dictated audio or transcribed text to any other external server (including Dictanote's servers). Voice In uses the browser's native speech-to-text capabilities. All the audio is transcribed by the browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge). The transcribed text is then inserted into the text box. Voice In does not save any of the dictated audio or transcribed text either locally or on any remote server.
- Voice In collects information about domains where Voice In is used and whether it worked successfully anonymously using Google Analytics. We do not use any form of fingerprinting and this data is solely used for improving coverage and generating domain level usage statistics.
- Voice In recommends users login in order to store their settings. Logging in is not mandatory to use the extension.
For users who upgrade to Voice In Plus:
- For Voice In Plus users, we store your username, email address, password and transaction history is stored securely on Dictanote's servers.
- Sensitive payment information such as your credit card number and billing address are not stored on Dictanote's servers. They are processed entirely via Stripe, Dictanote's billing provider.